Friday, January 13, 2012

In the secret scientist laboratory.....well....my kitchen :-)

I think I'll take this moment to pat my own self on the back....pat.....pat....pat pat pat! Oh and while I'm giving kudos let me just throw a toot toot in there so that I can toot my own horn. FINALLY! I believe I have finally come up with a consistency that is smooth, soft, moisturizing and enriched with Vitamin E, and semi-sticky enough to be able to say that I HAVE A BASE!!! I'm so excited because a lip gloss base is nothing to play around with and no easy task so lets make a color shall we?

As of right now this is my fave nail polish color I have no idea what the name of the color is I just know that I love this color so I think I'll try to duplicate a lip gloss color similar to this matching nails and lips are super cute and super #Mod! Ima work on making that #trending ...ha
Here are some of my ingredients that goes into this original and innovative base...a base that I guarantee no one else has because I created it myself
Everything has to be measured out properly and accurately I love my little scale its so cute
I do not want the base of these lippies to be running down your chin and neck and eventually greasing up your shirts so I need to make sure the base is thick enough
Hmmm that looks about right ok so now lets add some color.  Every lippie color I use are all FDA approved raw powdered pigmented dyes. I blend an array of colors together to come up with my own custom colored lippie
Let me swatch this
YUP! YUP!!! annnndd I think I'll tube it ;-)....Sooooooo its not QUITE the color of the nail polish bottle but it'll do....very very pretty on!
VOILA!!! I like i like!!! Hmmm what should I call this lippie?? Any ideas???

Here are some other custom colors that I made
I always swatch before I tube lippes so that I can make sure the color and thickness is to my true  hearts desire and I believe with these two colors my hearts desire has DEF been fulfilled!!
So that's 3 creations
The champagne lippie on the end is my FAVE!! Loving it! I think I will call you #VintagePearl, let me test you out
Crossing my fingers that my logo will be ready in the next week or so I'm ready to take this cosmetique line up up up & away!! I'm unstoppable, undef-eatable, victorious, and most of all favored by God! There's no stopping me......let's do this...ModGyrls where you at???

12 comments:

  1. I just L>O>V>E IT!!!! im soo ready for MODGYRL!!!!!!!!!! This is the best !!! i cant wait to get my first tube!! i want some sexy modgyrl Lips !!!:) all colors are the best !! i just love it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a lip gloss junkie, however I'm always extra choosy b/c of my extra sensitive skin & my full lips, so I'm excited to kno you fixed those concerns already so I'M READY TO WEAR!!! I like ” PrimaDonna” for that pink color...just a thought (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you know what alley that name sounds like the BEST THING to me like i really cant even BELIEVE IT!! im taking it!!!! OMG thank u so much im so happy about that name lol i keep looking at it i love the name!!! thanks!!!!! ..........lippes will be ready in Feb....!!!

      Delete
    2. ugh i so love that name i had to come back and comment again lol

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Im so Proud of my My Mel Bells!!! Cant wait to get my colors so I can represent ModGyrl to the fullest. Lexi Nicole *Smooches*

      Delete
  4. IAMMODGYRL!!!!! Hands down so proud of u sis!! stay tuned..innovations come faster than light...so make sure ur always watching so you wont miss her next innovation~~~ bisous love

    ReplyDelete
  5. that last comment was mine sis! lol ~nesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I seen bisous I knew it was you lol....thanks sis

      Delete
  6. Loving the colors, esp. the golden one. I'm so happy for you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete